Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Waxwings - Port Talbot : 29th February 2024

After failing at the first attempt I made a spur of the moment decision to make another visit on the afternoon of Thursday 29th February in an attempt to try and get some photos of the small group of 4 Waxwings in Port Talbot that had been feeding on rose hips in the area for a week or so.

Paul Roberts (NPR) was present when I arrived together with a few 'Toy Toggers" that I didn't know and as the light continued to improve we were joined by Christian Jenkins and Chris Onn.

The Waxwings were really confiding and as they were feeding on rose hips on bushes at the bottom of an embankment from the top of the embankment we were shooting at eye level, there was even a roadside Armco barrier to sit on !!

I came away with probably the best Waxwing photos that I have taken over the years.........





















No comments: