Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Jack Snipe - Teifi Marshes : 18th March 2024

Myself and Teresa decided to make our first visit to the caravan at Poppit Sands commencing Monday 18th March and after setting up and sorting out things I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours late afternoon to make my first visit of the year to Teifi Marshes.

A wintering Jack Snipe had been around for a few days and I was hoping that it was still present.

Upon entering the Mallard Hide the Jack Snipe was on show albeit not easy to see in the cut down reeds and grass.

Local birder/togger Ken Filkins from Cardigan was present and as the bird moved around for about 15-20mins it showed a little better and we were both able to get some images, it was really amusing with it's continuous 'bobbing' action.

It disappeared into the reeds as quickly as it had emerged and although I stayed on for another half hour it didn't reappear.

Although I've seen Jack Snipe several times over the years this was the first opportunity that I've had to photograph one which was something of a thrill........ 










No comments: