Monday, April 30, 2018

'An afternoon down the bay'.........

After a fruitless search of Cwm Nant Gwyn a lovely small oak wood on the outskirts of Maesteg last Saturday morning for Pied Flycatcher and Common Redstart I decided to head down to Cardiff Bay in the afternoon hoping to connect with the stonking adult Little Gull and couple of Arctic Terns that have been present in the bay for a few days.
I rocked up at Prospect Place at about 2.30pm and it took me about half an hour to find the Little Gull which had been settled on the water, once it took flight it was unmistakable.
There were two Arctic Terns present which fed on and off for the time that I was there and although both the gull and the terns never came close enough for some really good images I came away with a few reasonable 'record' shots of the gull and some not so good 'record' shots of the terns.........



















































No comments: