Monday, April 23, 2018

A return to the past.....

Last Saturday saw me make a return to two places that I used to frequent when we had a caravan at Llangors Lake, Nr Brecon, these being Craig Cerrig Gleisiad and Llwyn Y Celyn Wood or Youth Hostel Wood as it is more commonly known.
An early start saw me rock up at the parking lay-by at 7.30am and in the wood I was soon on to a pair of Pied Flycatchers nest building in one of a number of nest boxes in the wood.
In total I saw 4 male Pied Flys and 3 females and in the absence of a Common Redstart a pair of Marsh Tits topped the supporting cast of Willow Warblers, Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps.
It was nice to bump into Della and Hadyn Lack in search of the same 'target' birds in the wood and chat for a while watching and photographing the birds..........




















































Back over the road at CCG I bumped into Gareth Jenkins who had had no luck with Ring Ouzels and neither did I, plenty of more common stuff and a Cuckoo calling was my first of the spring, a Tree Pipit sang from the top of a tree along the path up to the gate but moved on before I could get any closer.






I set off for home around 2.00pm as I had promised myself to get back in time for the big rugby semi final in the European Champions Cup, somehow I think that I had more luck on the day than the Scarlets did !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Jeff, nice to meet you, also enjoy your blog
Della & Hayden