Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Magnolia Warbler : Baglan Energy Park, Briton Ferry - 25th September 2023

With the unprecedented influx of storm driven American passerines to the west coast of the UK it came as no surprise that one turned up locally at Baglan Energy Park, Briton Ferry, an incredible find by local birder Gary Lewis whilst out walking his dog.

I decided to join the many 'twitchers' present yesterday afternoon and it was great to talk with visiting birders who had travelled from far and wide.

It was also good to bump into local birders/toggers Mike Pugh, Shaun Evans and Paul Roberts.

I connected with the beautiful little Magnolia Warbler fairly soon after arrival at 12.25pm but only managed some distant 'record shots' as the bird was extremely elusive and difficult to pin down.

I stayed until about 5.00pm hoping to get some better photos but unfortunately this didn't happen.

I'm hoping that the other Magnolia Warbler found in Pembrokeshire stays around as we are back at the caravan shortly which halves the journey for me when I visit.









No comments: