Sunday, September 11, 2022

Black Terns : Lamby Lake, Cardiff

 I'd been keeping my eye the sightings pages confirming the presence of firstly one and then two Black Terns using Lamby Lake in Cardiff as a stopover on their migration but with other commitments and having been away at our caravan I was struggling to make a visit.

However, with a concert in Cardiff booked for last Friday evening I persuaded Mrs S that we needed to call into the lake in the hope of me getting some photos.

We managed to get there at about 4.30pm and both birds were busy feeding over the water, after taking about 300 images it was soon time to return to the car where Teresa had spent an hour reading.

I took my new Canon RF 100-500mm IS f4.5-7.1 zoom lens with me which really showed it's worth for birds in flight and shot continuously at 500mm, considering the birds are extremely erratic in flight I managed a good percentage of 'keepers'............
















No comments: