Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Pacific Diver : Another Visit

 My previous two visits to photograph the bird have been in dire light conditions and after hearing on the BBC Wales news that Derek the Weatherman was forecasting a brighter day with some sunshine I made another visit this morning.

Derek's prediction however did not prove correct and Port Talbot greeted me with grey cloudy skies and a biting cold wind which resulted in the water surface being very choppy.

The bird was in it's favoured South-East corner of the reservoir and after a 20min walk I was greeted by local toggers/birders Steve Rosser and Mike Pugh, they too were hoping for some better light.

I managed some nice shots but not quite what I was looking for, perhaps we'll get a brighter day or two over the holiday period when this fabulous bird can eventually be captured in some good light, here's hoping.......






No comments: