Monday, December 13, 2021

Pacific Diver : Eglwys Nunydd Reservoir, Port Talbot

 News broke late on the 11th December of a juvenile Pacific Diver found by Rob Jones and Dan Black, I was unable to 'twitch' it yesterday as it was Teresa's birthday resulting in other commitments.

I did however make a visit today and the bird was still there and duly obliged by coming reasonably close enabling me to get some images that I was quite pleased with.

My new Canon R5 handles high ISOs extremely well so the dull overcast conditions were not an issue.

Due to several birders attending yesterday the site which has no public access has since been well guarded by a security company, luckily I have dealt with the company in work prior to retiring so I was able to obtain official access.






No comments: