Friday, October 22, 2021

Ring-necked Duck : WT Teifi Marshes, Cardigan

Despite the inconsistent weather myself and Teresa have been spending this week at our caravan at Poppit Sands, this morning I checked BirdGuides on my iPhone to find that only minutes before checking an American Ring-necked Duck had been found at Teifi Marshes which has now become one of my favourite haunts.

I jumped into the car with my camera gear and soon arrived at the parking area that I use within 10 minutes, a brisk walk along the track through the marsh soon had me arriving at the Mallard Hide overlooking the pool where the bird was located.

There were a few people in the hide including Stuart Hall a local birder/togger who I have got to know, the bird was showing quite well although a little distant and despite the poor light I came away with a few images that were better than I expected.......



 







Although not a 'lifer' as this was the seventh that I've seen it was a nice bird to get and be able to photograph.

I'm hopeful that the bird will still be there tomorrow and it shows a little closer with better light.

No comments: