Monday, December 24, 2018

GW Egret + Slavonian Grebe : KNNR

After getting the BN Grebe at Cardiff Bay this morning I headed for Kenfig Pool as a Cattle Egret had been reported in the field below the caravan park, this though appeared to be a case of mistaken identity and was probably one of the two Great White Egrets present.
I did however walk the east shore of the pool to check out the fields and for my efforts was rewarded with a reasonable view of one of the GW Egrets at the north end before returning to the South pool hide.
I've made a few visits in the last month in an attempt to get a decent shot of the Slavonian Grebe which has been present during that time but yet again my efforts were thwarted by the bird not wishing to move from the middle of the pool, once again I had to be satisfied with some very distant 'record' shots.........






























And just for good measure a couple of shots of a Water Rail at Parc Slip NR from a few weeks ago.....







No comments: