Thursday, November 16, 2023

Snow Bunting - Nash Point, V of G : 15th November2023

After a visit to M&S, Culverhouse Cross, Cardiff yesterday with Teresa, my eldest daughter Adele and granddaughter Olive and with time to spare in the afternoon I managed to persuade them that we urgently needed to call in at Nash Point on our way home for me to hopefully photograph the Snow Bunting that had been reported since late October and as recently as Tuesday 14th.

Upon arrival and after parking it was nice to bump into Tony Swann who advised that he had been searching for an hour and that there was no sign either of a Black Redstart which had been previously reported at the lighthouse.

We split up and after about 10 mins I found the Snow Bunting on the short grass of the large grassy car park between the cliffs and the cafe.

By the time it took for me to get my camera from the boot of my car the bird had flown but both of us saw it in flight a couple of minutes later and relocated it about 150m from it's previous position.

The bird was quite flighty and mobile but it posed long enough on the ground for both of us to get some photos.

I posted on social media and Paul Roberts commented that it was a different bird to that which had been there earlier in the month, that bird was a male whilst this one was a female.

Hadn't taken much notice of photos of the original bird due to being away on holiday so this fact passed me by.

Here are a few photos from a brief encounter......






No comments: