Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Snow Buntings : The Old Coastguard Lookout, Newquay

We've been at our caravan for a week and although the weather has been more than a little inclement we have thoroughly enjoyed just chilling out.

A single Snow Bunting was found near the old coastguard lookout in Newquay last Sunday and yesterday was joined by another and today a third joined the party.

I can't resist a Snow Bunting, they are such charismatic and hardy little birds so I made a visit early afternoon today, I found them straight away and could have photographed them from the car window.

I instead I ventured out and although I managed to dodge the heavy showers, the wind was horrendous.

It was nice to bump into Martin Creasser, Jane Beck, Tony Ware, and another lady whose name escapes me who joined me having been searching for the birds elsewhere, here are a few images that despite the wind I was quite pleased with........











No comments: