Monday, November 14, 2022

Little Gulls : Ogmore Farm, Ogmore-By-Sea

 Last Friday 11th November I made an early afternoon visit to Ogmore hoping to catch up with the two 1stW Little Gulls that had been there for a couple of days.

I searched in totally the wrong place at first making my way down the river to the estuary without any success. I then phoned fellow 'togger' Mike Pugh from Porthcawl who had posted some nice images of them on social media and Mike advised that they were to be found at Ogmore Farm up river from the sewage works bridge.

 A female Kingfisher perching on the rocks at the edge of the river on my way back although distant was a bonus.

I jumped in the car and made my way up river and parked by the castle bumping into Paul Denning who was just leaving, Paul provided some info and a walk down river of about 150m got me adjacent to the horse field that the two birds were favouring.

The gulls were were doing circuits of the field and I 'filled my boots' with flight shots until the light started to fade and it was time to leave..........
























No comments: