Sunday, December 15, 2013

"A convenient Wheatear "

I booked a Xmas shopping weekend away at Cribbs Causeway,Bristol for Teresa's birthday sometime ago so when a male Desert Wheatear was found at Severn Beach last Wednesday afternoon just 10mins from Cribbs I hoped that it would stay until the weekend and that I could catch up with it and get a few pics.
We left home at 10.00am on Saturday and rolled up at Severn Beach at about 11.15am where there were about 15 birders/"toggers" watching the bird.
The light wasn't great but the bird was very confiding and I managed a few shots,although I saw several on a holiday to Sharm El Sheik in 2012 this was a UK "tick" for me,Teresa thoroughly enjoyed her shopping weekend away as well so it was a "win win" situation all round.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Best I've seen :-)

Dan said...

Wasn't there the day after when I went . . . died of an overdose of mealworms by all accounts!