Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Highlights

A good year for me, the first I've ever bothered to compile a list. I'm sure though that this would be my largest total for the UK in one year. The final total for the year stands at 202. A modest total of course, but some good birds nonetheless. Quite a few lifers were added this year including Marsh Sandpiper; Upland Sandpiper; Long-billed Dowitcher; Red-necked Phalarope; Cory's Shearwater (not UK); Red-crested Pochard; Long-tailed Duck; Honey-buzzard; Little Crake; Laughing Gull; Arctic Warbler and Lapland Bunting. White Stork, Cattle Egret and Black-winged Stilt were all added to my British List. Highlights would be the waders, especially the Marsh Sandpiper and the Red-necked Phalarope.

1 comment:

Tim Hall said...

Phalaropes are wonderful!