Saturday, July 15, 2023

Skomer Island Trip - 5th July 2023

On 5th July I made my first visit to Skomer Island off the Pembrokeshire coast since 2011 on a group trip organised by good friend and fellow birder/togger Dave Gilbert.

There were 11 of us in total some of which I new and some I was meeting for the first time the majority of which were guys who regularly visit the 'Mach Loop' near Machynlleth to photograph the low flying aircraft, all quality photographers.

We crossed on the first boat of the day at 10.30am and returned on the first boat back at 3.30pm.

The weather was perfect with a good variety of birds on view with the auks and especially the Puffins testing our 'bird in flight' skills, I've always been lucky with my visits and enjoyed good weather.

They were a great bunch of guys and we all enjoyed each other's company.

Panoramic shot by Dave Gilbert and group photo by Martin Pulling.

We each took hundreds of photos and were all pleased with the results, I was particularly pleased with some of my flight shots........














No comments: