Sunday, July 16, 2023

Mediterranean Gulls : St Dogmaels, Cardigan - 11th July 2023

A Great White Egret had been reported on the River Teifi in the second week of July, not that rare these days but always nice to see.

I thought I would check out a few spots which are easily accessible from the road between St Dogmaels and Cardigan and whilst checking the river adjacent the Teifi Waterside Hotel I thought that I would quickly scan through the the gull flock present on one of the mud banks.

I quickly spotted an adult summer plumage Mediterranean Gull and counting through the flock I counted a total of 10 adult Med Gulls in the flock of 65 birds.

Ending up at Teifi Marshes I also managed a few pics of an Eurasian Curlew from the Curlew Hide which seemed quite appropriate.

Although a little distant I managed to get a few 'record' shots of the Med Gulls that I was quite pleased with.......
















No comments: