Sunday, March 25, 2012

"First weekend up at the caravan"

The caravan season started this weekend so Teresa and myself paid our first official visit although we travelled up to Llangors on Saturday and only stayed the one night,too much to sort out on arrival to travel on Friday.
My aim for today was to catch up with the long staying Great White Egret although my intended early start was thwarted with the lake shrouded in mist until about 9.30am.
I settled myself close to it's regular feeding area and the bird flew in after an hour's wait although it stationed itself behind a tree out of view for a lengthy period.
I wanted some good ground shots which proved difficult as I was facing into the sun and couldn't get around to the north side of the bird where there was little cover anyway without spooking it,I did manage a few reasonable record shots though.
Whilst watching the egret I noticed a pair of Treecreepers nest building in a crevice in a nearby tree and managed one nice shot that I was quite pleased with,I'll revisit them in the coming weeks.
I walked back through the fields to the Jeep and popped down to the lakeside for 15mins and whilst there were lots of people around a couple of male Reed Buntings feeding on the shore near the crannog took little notice and posed quite nicely for me.
Can't wait for the spring migrants to arrive although there were Ciffchaffs and Cetti's Warblers singing everywhere,hope the GWE sticks around as well as I'm determined to "nail it".

1 comment:

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful photographs. I am greeting