Sunday, December 04, 2011

Black Redstart:Dunraven,Southerndown

Popped down to Southerdown first thing this morning before the bad weather came in hoping to catch up with the Black Redstart that had been seen around the Heritage Centre during the last week.It only took me about 5 minutes to catch up with the bird although it was very mobile flitting between the roof of the Heritage Centre and the trees surrounding the thatched cottage opposite.
It also relocated down to the lodge house at the car park a couple of times but always came back.
I didn't have a lot of time as I'd promised Teresa I'd finish off some decorating that I'd started during the week and was on my way home by 11.00am as the light was getting worse by the minute.
I'll probably give it another go on a brighter day and with a little patience and a bit of luck could greatly improve on the "record" shots achieved today.
The above photograph is of a different bird which was much paler than the grey male and is probably a juvenile,it only put in a brief appearance so there are probably a few birds in the area.

No comments: