Thursday, September 29, 2011

Another soaking for the "Boxer" boys !!

I think Wayne has said it all in his earlier post,whilst the weather stayed dry for the walk through the woods,along the causeway and out on to the saltmarsh true to form it started to rain as soon as we were able to get on the birds which initially were quite difficult to find. I haven't birded in such miserable conditions for a long time and daren't have got the camera out of it's bag until a lull of no more than 2 mins allowed me to get a few shots of the Buff breasted Sandpiper. I can't say that I'm particularly happy with the photos which will just go down as "record" shots. I did manage some good views of the Pectoral Sandpiper and the briefest of views of the White rumped through Rob Taylor's 'scope (cheers,nice one Rob !!) but the conditions were totally against photography. I seem to recall a similar morning up on Garreg Lwyd in the Black Mountains whilst looking for Dotterel several years ago which gave birth to the name of this blog and I'm sure that this won't be the last occasion either ! I'll just have to make sure that I use the new waterproof lens/camera cover that I invested in this week next time.

No comments: