Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bunting Bogey Beaten

On my way to the South Devon Railway Diesel Gala, I had time for a brief visit to Deepway Lane, Exminster, a site where I traditionally miss Cirl Buntings.
Yesterday looked to be following the same pattern, but just before I had to leave, a bird flew into a tree in the garden opposite their favoured field. A brief binocular view revealed a striped face pattern, but before I had time to set the scope up, it flew away! I will succeed in photographing this species at this site, one day!
Below is a close up of detail on one of the locos at the Gala. It's former home depot, Thornaby, near Middlesbrough, used to embellish their locos with the logo below, and this particular loco used to run past my house in Redcar on Potash trains, nice!

No comments: