Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Owlszat!

After an overnight drive to Norfolk it was the first bird we saw when we piled out of the car at dawn. But, as you will know (as I've been banging on about it for a while) I've been having a bit of Barney Trouble this year in Glamorgan. But, I'm glad to say that this 'owlin' gap in my county year list has been filled. Thanks to the efforts of Trapper Tim, who recced the secret location (just east of the River Rumney) to make sure the bird in question was still there, I managed to finally connect with a Barn Owl this evening. Better still, I managed to grip off Gethin (who'd opted instead to stay in front of the telly watching Bedknobs & Broomsticks for goodness' sake) when I returned home. You should have seen his face! A word of warning to you all - Geth has announced that he intends to do a bit of year listing next year. God help me! Whiteford here I come on Thursday. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

Tim Hall said...

Glad to be of assistance!