Tuesday, September 27, 2005

178

I've now reached 178 for the year on my UK list. Recent highlights include Osprey, Curlew Sandpiper and Little Crake. There's a few nice birds not too far away, e.g. Red-necked Phalarope in Carmarthen, Red-backed Shrike down the Gower and Great White Egret in Somerset. I probably won't get to any of these though, so I'm hoping for a successful Portland Trip. I'm hoping for Firecrest, Wryneck and Bearded Tit at least, but with a bit of luck some other passage migrants. I should boost the total with some wildfowl at Slimbridge a little later in the year, and hopefully a Marsh Harrier at Shapwick Heath, a couple of white-winged gulls on the coast and the odd rarity here and there, and I may get to 200 after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could go for the Egret on your way to Portland....