Tuesday, March 14, 2023

WOS Photography Competition 2022

Back in December 2022 I entered the WOS Photography Competition for bird photographs taken in Wales throughout the year 2022.

There were three categories namely General, Flocks and an under 21 year old section which I didn't quite qualify for !!

In mid-January this year I received an e-mail advising me that my Little Owl portrait had secured me the runner-up spot in the General category and my Ring-necked Ducks and Storm Petrels had achieved both runner-up and third place in the Flocks category.

The competition has been running for three years and this was my first time of entering, to say I was thrilled was an understatement.

My prizes were £80 worth of NHBS book tokens and a free membership of WOS for 2023 worth £30 which I will continue to keep up in the coming years.

A copy of the brand new edition of the Collins Bird Guide was one of my choices together with the BTO Guide to making nest boxes, and a few others.

Suffice to say I will be entering again this year, below are the photos that did well for me in 2022 :-





No comments: