Monday, March 19, 2018

Owl Fest at Aust.......

It's been a little while since I've been out with the camera, January to be precise, what with other commitments including Teresa's knee replacement operation and my annual Six Nations pre-rugby walks with best friend Neil Davies I just haven't been able to find the time.
Teresa fancied a few hours out and I managed to talk her into accompanying me on a trip to Aust Warth on the east bank of the River Severn yesterday with the promise of a bite to eat on the way home.
We rocked up at Aust about 3.00pm and after about an hour a single Barn Owl put in a brief appearance hunting over the rough grassed area, the light was abysmal and it was bitterly cold but I managed a few reasonable shots given that I could barely feel my fingers........


















Just as the Barn Owl disappeared over the roadside fields two Short-eared Owls began to hunt and offered themselves up for a few shots........


































As the light faded the Shorties went to ground and it was time to leave, a hot cup of coffee greeted me in the car, she spoils me, and we enjoyed a cracking carvery on the way home

No comments: