Monday, October 16, 2017

Mexico Holiday : late Sept/early Oct 2017

For this year's main holiday Teresa and myself decided to go long haul to Cuba in the Caribbean only for our plan to be literally blown to pieces by Hurricane Irma.
Following a full refund Plan B was put into operation and we re-booked two weeks on the Riviera Maya 75 mins south of Cancun on the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.
We stayed at the Coba 5* hotel on the Bahia Principe complex which comprised of four hotels spread over a large area with an idyllic beachfront and adjacent golf course.
I didn't expect the birding to be quite as good as Cuba and that proved to be the case, most of my birding was carried out either early morning or late afternoon and was confined to the hotel grounds, beach and golf course.
I didn't compile a huge bird list but was pleased that almost every species I saw I managed to photograph reasonably well, I'll start off with an Osprey that I saw twice at the golf course and once on the beach..........



































No comments: