Friday, January 11, 2008

Twitchmeister's 2007

I was very lucky in 2007. I got the following 18 lifers:

Glossy Ibis, Whinchat and Marbled Duck at Frampton; Slavonian Grebe, Eider, Brent Goose, Hen Harrier, Jack Snipe, Woodcock, Red-breasted Merganser, Knot and Grey Plover at Whiteford; Osprey and Wood Warbler at Porthmadog; Spotted Sandpiper, Roller, Ring-necked Duck and Pacific Diver. Even if the Pacific Diver wasn't one I'll still get a tick 'cos I haven't seen a Black-throated Diver! It was a really exciting day out with Wayne and Dad anyway. I did better than Dad and only dipped on the Common Rosefinch.

In 2008 I would like to see a Barn Owl, Cattle Egret, Kentish Plover (I'd like to see one of them too!! - Dad), Merlin, Hobby and Storm Petrel.

I think it's really mean that you're not taking me on the Scottish Trip. But, I will come with you when I'm in Year 6!!

Hope to see plenty of you in 2008

The Twitchmeister

3 comments:

Tim Hall said...

There's still a lot of Cattle Egrets about.....

Wayne said...

Gethin, hasn't your dad taken you owling down Mardy Road yet? You will need to get up early in the morning though. A little dicky bird told me you enjoy a lie-in on the weekends.

Thanks for not gripping me off about the roller too!

Anonymous said...

Wayne mun! You 'aven't seen a Roller!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Geth