Thursday, March 29, 2007

Reedling reward

Thanks to a text from Wayne, I was able to pop back to Cardiff Bay 48 hours after my previous visit, in much worse weather than on Tuesday (indeed, I sat in the car for 10 mins whilst a hail shower passed). Soon I was able to wander out to the reedbed, where I joined John Wilson. He informed me that at least 1 of the 4 Bearded Tits reported earlier was still around, and sure enough, within a few minutes, a cracking male was working his way along the base of the reeds. We watched him work his way along, and as usual, he disappeared from time to time into the reeds. At least one more was calling, though not seen. A scan of the Bay revealed many Sand Martins and possibly some distant Swallows. John had seen Little Gulls again, but with another heavy shower beginning, I headed back to the car.

No comments: