Saturday, September 23, 2006

One Good Tern . . . .

. . . . well, two actually. Not having been able to get out birding much lately it was a relief to get my Glamorgan Year List inching forward again. I've been working up in Swansea for the last fortnight and I've been carrying my 'scope and bins in the back of the car just in case something turned up locally. And yesterday something did. There was news on the GBC Sightings page of 2 Black Terns at Eglwys Nunydd reservoir at 0930. I called in quickly on the way back to Cardiff and managed to tick them off within a couple of minutes. Nice and easy! This brings my Glamorgan total for the year up to 160 (East Glam is stuck on 153). Not bad, but could do better. I've got about ten easy ticks left but I've given up on Hobby and I'm getting a bit worried about Yellow Wagtail and Ring Ousel. Having 'lost' most of Septemeber I'll be chuffed if I get a total of around 175. What we need are a few more scarcities!

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Hope I can get one tonight before the National Moth Night at Kenfig.