Monday, August 19, 2024

Osprey Blue 7H6 returns - Teifi Marshes, Cardigan : 5th August 2024

Having returned to our caravan during the last week of July I was thrilled to hear that an Osprey had returned to the Afon Teifi at Teifi Marshes and was fishing at the same location that had been used by the visiting Osprey in the first week of June, was this the same bird I asked myself ?

I spoke with a visiting birder/togger during my first visit of 2nd August who had managed to photograph the bird and upon examination of his photos you could just about make out the characters of the left leg Blue ring which indeed were 7H6 meaning the bird from early June had returned !

This was great news which I reported to Wendy James of the Teifi Ringing Group for onwards transmission to the Osprey Foundation.

I then made several visits over the ensuing week on the 5th, 7th and 10th August at various times but generally at high tide which the bird seemed to favour getting some great views and pleasing photographs.

Having posted on Facebook my posts were picked up by the Keilder Osprey Group in Northumberland and I was advised that Blue 7H6 had intruded at Nest No 4 at Keilder back on 15th June after he had departed from his first short stay on the Teifi on the 6th.

Here are a few images from my visits including some diving/fishing shots although I am yet to photograph him with a catch, perhaps I'll get lucky when we return to the caravan shortly..........







































No comments: