Sunday, September 19, 2021

Hoopoe : Sker House, Porthcawl - Return Visit

My good friend and fellow birder/togger Dave Gilbert was on holiday in North Wales last week when the Hoopoe turned up and so asked me if I would like to make another visit this morning with him and his friend Richard who lives across the channel in Somerset and had crossed over the bridge to see the bird which was a 'lifer' for both himself and Dave.

When arriving at the field that the bird had been favouring I was amazed how close the bird was to the fenceline allowing some better shots than I obtained on my first visit last Thursday.

The three of us 'filled our boots' until the bird took flight after about 10-15mins and moved a little further away.

Here are a selection of some of the images that I came away with which I am more than pleased with......



 


















No comments: