Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hawfinches : Bridgend

I made a visit yesterday to try and photograph the group of five Hawfinches which include a couple of juveniles and were found at Nolton Church graveyard during the week.
This is a somewhat unusual occurrence, whether or not they are remnants of the large influx of birds from a couple of winters ago and have stayed to breed I guess is a possibility.
Having seen some nice photos I thought that this would be a relatively easy task, how wrong can you be !!
The birds were very mobile and elusive and when they did fly into the Yew trees in the church grounds they flew into the 'heart' of the trees and rarely perched on the outside.
Photography was not easy looking into dark 'windows' in the Yew trees dense foliage justifying a higher than wanted ISO.
I did however manage a few 'record' shots of a juvenile/s only although myself and others who were present enjoyed plenty of flight views of the highly mobile birds...…..











No comments: