Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Cattle Egrets : Porthcawl

With better light forecast for today I made an early return visit to Zig-Zag Lane, Porthcawl hoping to catch up with the four Cattle Egrets and get some better photos on a lower ISO.
I got there for 8.30am just as the sun appeared over the horizon and the birds were not there !!
They arrived from their roost about 10 minutes later as did Colin Gittins and we had them to ourselves until we both left about 45 minutes later.
Colin headed for Kenfig Pool and I headed for Porthcawl seafront hoping to photograph some Purple Sandpipers but after an initial effort decided that clambering over the rocks was a bit too dangerous and decided to call back into the Cattle Egrets on my way home, the light however had worsened with cloud cover having moved in.
I was greeted by Paul Denning and Frank Sengpiel and a little later we were joined by Paul Roberts, I took a few more shots and then briefly called in at Parc Slip NR on my way home, I only stayed for 15 minutes as we were due to babysit our youngest grandson Lucas from mid-day.
The Siberian Chiffchaff was not showing whilst I was there and the place was overrun with people, time to leave.........












































1 comment:

Crossing Border said...

Grreat blog you have here