Saturday, August 11, 2018

A morning in the bay.........

Having seen some nice photos of both the juvenile Little Gull and Arctic Tern that have been kicking around Cardiff Bay during the week I planned a visit this morning before the rain was due to come in early afternoon.
I arranged to meet fellow 'togger' Peter Morgan at Sarn at 9.00am but a phone call as I waited advised that his car had broken down and so I made my way to the bay with just my dog Pearl for company.
I parked up in the small car in the residential area of Penarth Marina and the 5 minute walk saved me £3.00 at the barrage car park, tight buggers us birders.
I got on the Arctic Tern first sitting on orange buoys near the inner pier and picked up the juvenile Little Gull in flight at end of the pier, the tern never came close enough for anything other than 'record' shots but the Little Gull did oblige on occasions.........






















































































I got a little damp with the persistent drizzle and by about 1.30pm I decided to call it a day and head for home reasonably pleased with my morning's efforts.

No comments: