Sunday, December 04, 2016

"A stroll around Cardiff Bay".........

I thought I'd head out on my own today and headed for Cardiff Bay hoping to get some photographs of the Long-tailed Duck that has been favouring the area near the 'Sails' on the barrage for a week or so, the bird duly obliged allowing me to get some shots that I was quite pleased with......










After a stroll across to the end of the barrage I spotted a nice male Goosander on my way back but as I speeded up my walk to get in position it continued to swim out into the bay and was quite distant by the time that I got the camera on it.......














As my car park ticket was about to expire I thought I'd head next for Penarth Marina in the hope of connecting with one or two of the small number of Black Redstarts that have been wintering for the last few years and a stonking male duly obliged although it never came down from the safety of the rooftops..........












I thought about finishing off my day at Forest Farm and arrived to find both pools mainly frozen and Cliff Woodhead and Colin Harvey occupying the second hide, not much on view other than a distant Water Rail and the regular obliging Jays giving a decent close-up opportunity.........








A nice few hours out on my own and to finish a photo of a female Kestrel from a stroll on Saturday in the hope of catching up with the Great Grey Shrike at Dead Sheep Gulley near Bryn, suffice to say I didn't see the shrike.......




A dreadful photo overexposed against a grey sky, would have looked great if the sky was blue !

No comments: